Forget about brands.
Under MountedDrawer Slides
1. Drawer construction requires a 1/2" reveal from the bottom of the drawers
2. Side reveal is about 3/8" per side
3. Reveal between drawers ... at least 1" to have clearance for the drawer hardware which is underneath.
4. Length ... very limited options (unless you use Hettich_]
5. Reliability. Even the better ones have a lot of breakable plastic parts
6. Smoothness ... super smooth and soft close
7. Space management take 2 ... the back of the cabinet requires an extra 5/8 for the hook of the drawer slide to get in the hole of the back of the drawer
Side Mounted Drawer Slides
1. Drawer bottom can be flush with the bottom.
2. Side reveal is about 1/2" per side ... more if heavier duty slides
3. Reveal between drawers ... you can put them as tight as you want providing they don't rub
4. All kinds of lengths available with a 2" increment
5. Reliability. They last forever
6. Smoothness ... after a while these slides are very decent. the soft close option comes with the telescopic guides which are too noisy ... I like progressive slides (or is it the other way around)
7. Space management take 2. no need for extra depth of the cabinet (may be 1/8" reveal )
Husband. Side mounted drawer slides last forever, better space, reliable and more economical
Wife . love the smooth and soft close experience
What am I missing?