just had the electrical inspector here this week, got all shop wiring approved and stamped. Glad that's all done, it was a lot of work wiring it, and a difficult job getting a suitable time booked with the inspector.
I have researched this topic extensively, and came up with more questions than answers. Here is what my research shows: 1. If you are spraying any solvent finish, forget about setting up a spray booth inside your home. Between the cost of explosion proof fans, switches, and lights, it will cost a fortune. This is not taking into account the other major hazards of atomizing finish near your family 2. Garage seems to be the best bet, with collabsable walls 3. A box fan is not enough for exhaust So, I still spray in my backyard, though I hope someone has a good solution! Check out Bob flexners book, and finewoodworking.com for some images and ideas.
I have the general Machinery version of the cast iron wing. It's a beast and i love it. I did a post on it a while back, you should see the set up if you search the forum for cast iron router table extension. From what I understand, the benchdog version has slots for adjustability. If needed, cast iron is not difficult to drill out, sonyou could widen the holes or make some new ones.
I used an airtight high efficiency woodstove for years. It was cast iron, and it was incredible. I had a double wall stainless chimney, and burned about 3 bush cord per winter. As long as you burn a HOT fire (use a stack thermometer), your chimney will be clean at the end of burning season (I normally had about a cup of cresote after cleaning at the end of the year). I always used softwood as kindling, and I burned all shop scraps regardless if species. All logs were hardwood. I would never burn PT products - very nasty!