Grizzly G0529 or Ridgid OSS?

Spunjin

I've used the Ridgid a couple of times and was fairly impressed. Even though the entire table doesn't tilt, they way they have engineered the tilt is pretty slick and will allow angled sanding on either the single post or the belt sander. Also. you could get three Ridgids for the cost of the Grizzly.

That being said, my experience with Grizzly products has been wonderful as well. For stationary shop equipment I do believe they provide the most "bang for your buck". I have not had the pleasure of using the particular OSS that you linked, but if it falls within spec of the other Grizzly products I have used, I'm certain it's an excellent product.

For me it's a question of economics. If the $675.00 plus shipping is not a strain on your budget the Grizzly is a great option. If on the other hand $200.00 and a quick trip to Home Depot is more comfortable, then go for the Ridgid.

Or, if your dripping with cash and have the room in your shop... get both.

I'm kind of OCD about my shop. I don't really like mixing brands. I know it really is a problem since I would like to get a SawStop and they don't make other power tools. I would like to have a shop of Grizzly machines but as you said $200 is a price that is hard to beat. I intend to use the sander quite often and need something to last. I am very quality conscious.

I am also planning on adding the 19" 3 HP Grizzly bandsaw soon. So if sacrificing a grizzly sander means adding the bandsaw sooner, well that's what I need to do. I just wanted to get some opinions on the quality of this particular sander combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a total of $674 I could get the Grizzly but I could get the Ridgid for $197 with my father's military discount. With a little more saving I could get the Grizzly and be set. I plan on using the disc sander quite a bit too. I think I just made up my mind. Thanks everyone.

I'm kind of OCD about my shop. I don't really like mixing brands. I know it really is a problem since I would like to get a SawStop and they don't make other power tools.

What you're asking for is for one brand to make every tool, and make it better than the other brands and at the best price. Isn't going to happen. The best outcome that you can hope for is to choose the best brand - Laguna? Felder? Powermatic?...buy all of that brand and then you're close. Personally, I feel that for the working man, Grizzly is a good bang for the buck if you're buying new.  Having said that, there are a lot of good tool brands out there....relax man!!!! :) Mix and match, new and used...........unless you are, as Dave said...."dripping with cash".

The Ridgid goes for $199 at my local big box.

I bought mine in 2007 on sale for $149.00 and it has worked flawlessly.

I actually think the dust collector on it works really well.

The way its designed its like 2 tools in one so it saves space.

The Ridgid seems plenty robust, and its nice because you can install it in a flip table with something else and really save some space.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...