Dovetail spline template

Spencer_J

Looking to work with dovetail splines in an effort to make different shaped splines etc. I feel like I saw somewhere in a catalog a nice plastic template with some different shapes and sizes of dovetail splines. Any idea who sells them? I've looked everywhere it seems.... Thanks!

Woah!!! Its not what im looking for but is certainly awesome! Im looking for a piece of plastic maybe $20 similar to a french curve set or plastic stencil type thing that has several sizes of dovetails in it. For making the nakashima type dovetail spline or key. There is also a router bushing template too where you can hog the majority out with the router a then come back with a chisel and square it out. Maybe ill just make one! I certainly have the concept down. If i could just remember where i saw that thing. Could be useful for other woodworkers.

Its more on a "dovetail inlay" template

A company named Hoffman makes machines that cut slots for plastic butterfly dovetail splines.

The Hoffmann key machine is mostly for strength not so much decorative use. We have one at work for making wood vent covers and cold air return duct covers.

Great machines, very accurate however the keys are plastic and don't take stain so if its on the back of something and won't be seen great, otherwise you have to patch them over

The Hoffmann key machine is mostly for strength not so much decorative use. We have one at work for making wood vent covers and cold air return duct covers.

Great machines, very accurate however the keys are plastic and don't take stain so if its on the back of something and won't be seen great, otherwise you have to patch them over

They also make wooden keys. I have the lame little bench top.

• 2 weeks later...