New from the UK

woodbloke

Hello all, I've just joined the site after having been given directions to it by another fellow county man, G S Haydon.  I hail from Salisbury in the UK which is around 10 miles from Stonehenge...in fact I used to drive past the stones every day on my way to work.  Until I retired around 18 months ago!  I have a well equipped 'shop at home and like to turn out smaller stuff like cabinets, with a fair amount of influence from a certain JK.  I've been making sawdust since the early 70's and worked briefly as a professional maker a few years ago.

DSC_0003-9_zpsc9ba6fa9.jpg

The pic above is something I finished recently...an English Walnut cabinet on an Ash stand.  The stand doesn't look right as the colour contrast is too great and it's a bit 'chunky', so it's being replaced with a Walnut stand which will be a little finer in proportion.  The cabinet doors are matched panels, as are the back ones:

DSC_0005-17_zps9b03f5fc.jpg

...and there's a set of three drawers inside:

DSC_0006-17_zpsa53f3147.jpg

Looking forward to joining in the conversations and banter - Rob

Welcome aboard, Rob.  Good to see another JK junkie around.  I haven't gotten to the cabinet on stand yet, but it's on the short list.  Probably later this summer or next winter for that one.  You do nice work...look forward to seeing more in the future!

Welcome aboard, Rob.  Good to see another JK junkie around.  I haven't gotten to the cabinet on stand yet, but it's on the short list.  Probably later this summer or next winter for that one.  You do nice work...look forward to seeing more in the future!

Thanks very much for the nice words of welcome.  If you have a quick peek at the Facebook page indicated above (and possibly a couple of 'likes' please?) you'll see a few more bits and pieces that I've done.  Many thanks again - Rob