Ebony plugs video for the mirror project

bobcrosley

There isn't (understandably) a forum for the Greene and Greene mirror project, so my question has to go here. 

I just purchased it yesterday, and was watching the video last night. In it, Marc makes reference to the fact that he didn't cover the process to fashion the ebony plugs and accents because he 'covered that in another guild video.' Using the search seems to show that the only place ebony plugs is covered is in the Adirondack chair project.

Is that the case, or is there another video in the guild or free section that covers the process for the ebony plugs?

bob if you cant afford ebony like me you can make your own fake ones.  you need steel wool and vinegar and time.http://www.popularwoodworking.com/techniques/ebonizing_wood only bad thing is it is only on the surface. walnut and cherry are prity dependable and it gets very dark almost black ebony. but its not as hard. and its slightly blue in color. I think while im layed up with a hurt hand ill mix a big batch and soak different sizes of wood and let them sit. find out how long it takes to ebonize all the way through a series of different size blocks of wood.