New 8" Jointer

dhall9

So I was cruising the grizzly site doing a little window shopping and stumbled upon this...

http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/8-x-72-Jointer-3-HP-w-Mobile-Base-Polar-Bear-Series-Paint-Blemish/G0656PB

Now I've been saving my pennies up to get a 8" jointer, because I don't want to buy a 6" and regret it later.  Anyway, so I jumped all over this.  So I got it today and spent the afternoon assembling it.

null_zpsc11846bb.jpg

null_zps54497df3.jpg

null_zpse41eab9e.jpg

null_zps72f106d0.jpg

Sorry, no assembled pics.  Lost track of time and run off to work. I'm not sure what "unique" paint issues they had to discount these because the paint is almost perfect.  The only thing I found was on the back of the fence bracket the paint was kind of chipping off.  But the base cabinet and everything else looked perfect.  I'll get some assembled pictures tomorrow.  But if you're one the fence about purchasing one of these, I'd pull the trigger. 

Correct, there is no way the average joe is going to pick that bed up alone. Luckily I was able to raise the front of the trailer to the same height of the stand. So I was able to slide the jointer off the trailer and directly onto the stand.

Great machine. A little bit of paint can easily be fixed or not, whatever you want. It will never be seen because it is at the back of the machine. I would hit it with a wire brush and some cold gal, a spray paint we use in Australia to cover a weld in galvanised steel.

That was quite a lucky find at that price!  I bought an 8" Delta at an auction for $625 when dollars were worth several times what they're worth now in the mid-70s. You could still get a good, new car for less than 4 grand.  People told me I was crazy for paying that much for it, but I was getting ready to get a new one anyway, which was about 1100 at the time.  It's still serving me well.  I'm sure yours will be good for you too.

I think their paint issue is someone mixed the paint wrong. It doesn't have the proper adhesion in places. The base cabinet is perfect though. It's just with the paint on the jointer itself. But the only place the paint has come off on mine is there on the back.

Blah I just posted about this machine and it being on a crazy sale.  Should have done a search...

Anyway I ordered mine today and I am fired up to see that it isn't purple.  haha

You should post up some pics of yours, I'm curious what blemishes you might have.