business card holder

duckkisser

DSCN0344_zps2ca547d4.jpg

DSCN0345_zps894745bd.jpg

DSCN0343_zps7b0daa20.jpg

base is purple heart the log and plants is black locust the inlay is howlight (white, fins are orange calcite, and red spots is a red coral) I like the fish but I don't know that I like the plants and logs they look little plain in comparison but I don't know how I should change it or what I should use instead. thought I would ask what you guys think before I spend more time on finishing

I like the idea.  It could take a lot of forms - inlay of a horse's head, coral fence for a backer and a stand of weeds or grass for the front; turtle for an inlay, similar weeds for the backer and a fish jumping over a log for the front; a car for an inlay with a garage facade for a backer and an old bumper for the front; etc

Finish it, in my opinion, don't change it.

hard to show how the stone really looks especially with the camera I have.  the white looks like fish scales, the fins are calcite wich is translucent so you can see the purple below in some areas and the orange spot has black freckles in the stone.

• 2 months later...