Garage shop demo and remodel

Freddie

LOL, kids do change the equation Freddie - plan on it!

We were ready for it the beginning of the fall. I was so excited and felt like I had a whole greater purpose in life. It was short lived though, we lost the baby at 8 weeks. It was tough, but we got through it. 

I will admit that when i heard the news, i was overjoyed and it started showing immediately. I started automatically waking up at 530 everyday before my girlfriend, i was cleaning the apt, doing the dishes, anything i could to keep her relaxed. I was building the teak cabinets when we first found out, and those 2 weeks were killer for her cuz i was pulling late nights in the shop. I hot it done then was coming home from work at normal hours to spend tine with her instead of going into the shop after work. I just got back from maine as well and i was excited about possibly going to the center for furniture craftsmanship. I tossed that idea once i found out we were expecting, understanding that i could not go away and leave my woman pregnant at home.

Good luck to you and your wife, Pat!  I'm not a praying man but I'm pulling for you guys!

Kids are a huge pain in the ass.  They cramp your style like nobody's business and you'll find that you're ALWAYS tired...if you ever find yourself with the time to get into the shop, usually you're too exhausted to do anything anyway.  The last couple years I think I've spent less time actually building and more time just sitting on my bench stool looking at the shop and thinking about upgrades and projects I'd like to do...one day.

However...you don't care.  Because that sweet little baby is the best thing that will ever happen to you.  They give your life meaning in a way that nothing else can.  It's worth it, exhaustion and sacrifices and all, ten fold.

Now excuse me while I go change a shitty diaper.  Little bastard.

Eric, I appreciate everything you have said. It means a lot.