New Guy from Indiana

JoshC1501

Hello everyone.

Been a long time visitor to the wood whisperer site. Decided it was time to sign up for the forum.

I am pretty new to woodworking but have been building things my entire life, just not with the precision necessary to build fine pieces.  I have tinkered a little bit over the last few years, but didn't have the tools necessary to do many projects.

I really took the plunge and got the tools I needed earlier this year.  I built some real nice Adirondack chairs out of Mahogany from Norm's plans as my first project.  Maybe a little aggressive as a start.  Not in terms of difficulty but just the size of the project, 2 chairs, 2 footstools, and a table.  Picture is attached.

They really turned out great.  There was a few mistakes and things I would change.  Needless to say I am really enjoying woodworking.  Looking forward to learning and contributing where I can.  

Josh C.

post-14301-0-39596700-1374615294_thumb.j

Thanks for the welcome everyone.  I am very happy with the chairs, they are comfortable and turned out great.  I have several shop projects I need to do next.  Once you start a project you quickly figure out the deficiencies in your shop setup.  Currently looking for plans/ideas on some good shop cabinets, both base and uppers.  Any ideas?  I plan to make the bases all drawers with full extensions.  

Nice to see so many people here very close to me!!

Josh