shop pics etc

labig

You should do a rough overhead sketch of the tools that you already have, and where you plan to put them.

You could consider some fold up counter tops on some walls. Maybe even a fold up assembly table. Since you really don't need it until the end, or for small sub assemblies, you could fold up the table against the wall. I'm talking about the idea where the table is attached by a hinge, and it folds up (or down I guess) against the wall. You could even make a torsion box top for this.

I would try and keep as much width as possible so if you can get away with not having cabinets on every wall i would go for it. I work out of a narrow but longish garage and i would lose too much workable space if i had any floor standing cabinets. Get as much as you can on mobile bases too that will greatly help.

Wish i could start a shop from the ground up enjoy the build.

It is funny, some guys are cabinet/counter guys and I am not :P

My shop has to double for mechanical duty as well. So everything is on wheels. And I have nothing attached to the walls.

For my compressor, clamps and general storage I have this cart

DSCF3609-L.jpg

Now, I have out grown the clamp storage, and have found a better place for the compressor. But those projects aren't yet done. More pics when my shop re-organization is complete.

• Like 2

if your shop is heated, they might consider that an interior wall. Recommend filling insulation or other sound proofing material to keep the noise in the shop.

yes heated with a split duct unit just for shop , these walls will be plywood , with sound proofing material .just have to watch my anchoring to walls with bench and cabinets above .