Howdy from Aggieland! (College Station,TX)

T-astragal

I have 2 door related business's in central Texas. DoorRestore is our re-finishing and service company and Grand Door Company is our custom door shop. I have 3 employees and my wife takes care of the office.

We design and build one of a kind custom doors for primarily new homes and some light commercial jobs.

Here's the one I installed today. 4'x8' African mahogany with English Flemish glass and wrought iron grill. Posted Image

Looking forward to sharing with y'all and maybe even learning to love the hobby again. It's pretty stressful once you have to make ends meet and do quality work on time too. I'd do it again though. It's been rewarding in many ways.

Steve

Great looking door, Steve. Welcome to the forum, btw. I've struggled for years with trying to recapture the thrill of the hobby. I've almost persuaded myself that the only way that will happen is if I have a separate shop at my house where I can tinker around. At the end of a work day, the first thing I want to do is go home. I'm thinking of first buying a wood lathe so I can start doing some turning. I've only messed around on a lathe a few times, so it will be like a novice starting a new hobby.

Great looking door, Steve. Welcome to the forum, btw. I've struggled for years with trying to recapture the thrill of the hobby. I've almost persuaded myself that the only way that will happen is if I have a separate shop at my house where I can tinker around. At the end of a work day, the first thing I want to do is go home. I'm thinking of first buying a wood lathe so I can start doing some turning. I've only messed around on a lathe a few times, so it will be like a novice starting a new hobby.

You should go fishing with me. Haha! A nice yellowfin tuna will do wonders. It takes salt water to get through life. Sweat, tears, and fishing!

Steve

• 6 months later...