Chair build without a Planer/Jointer

Hi guys, I am looking at the Adirondack Chair as likely being my first guild build.  I have a relatively large selection of power and hand tools (and not opposed to getting more) but, I have neither a planer of a jointer. I do have a good selection of hand planes that I am working on becoming more proficient with.  How much more challenging would this project be without access to a planer and jointer?  I have considered getting one of the lunch box style planers, but my workshop doesn't have the floor space for a jointer or a full size planer.  Part of me is excited about this being my first major foray into hand planes and part of me doesn't want to get discouraged and frustrated if this is exceptionally difficult.  I am intending to get the bell forest kit for the wood.  Thoughts/suggestions?

The first Bell Forest kit is planed flat both sides and one jointed edge. 

http://www.bellforestproducts.com/exotic-lumber-projects/adirondack-chair/

Gets you out of the planer and jointer requirements entirely. It's only $25 more than the rough lumber package and you're not going to find even a used lunchbox planer for that. You might get some wood movement when it acclimates to your shop, but hopefully, it's no more than you can clamp or sand out if careful.

Either purchase your lumber planed to thickness and jointed on one edge or find a local shop/woodworker in your area that will do this for you.  Is there a Rockler or Woodcraft store near you?  Perhaps they can help you.  In any case I wouldn't start your first project without properly prepared lumber.  There are enough other challenges along the way and you need to get off to a good start.

If you don't want to mill the lumber yourself, or the tools aren't in the budget, buying your lumber S3S isn't a bad choice. Your hardwood dealer should offer milling service (mine charges $60 an hour for it). I will say, that if you keep your eyes open you can get some decent used machines pretty cheap. For a 12" delta lunchbox planer and an old freestanding craftsman jointer, I spent a bit less than $200 off of craigslist. I had to search for a while but the deals were there. It's amazing what people who just want to get rid of something will sell for $100.