Longtime Listener, First Time Poster

Ozwald

Hello everyone,

My name is Lee & I live in rural SW Montana.  I've been woodworking since I was about 7 years old or so when my friend's dad taught the local 4-H class.  Since I've only had some basic handtools & never a 'real' shop, but I frequently built the things I needed in lieu of buying them.  Most of my projects were function over appearance & built as cost-effective as possible.  About a year ago I was fed up with the poor selection of tap handles out there (my primary hobby is brewing/zymology) so I broke down and bought a 10x18 lathe from HF & my shop has continued to grow from there.

I found the WTO podcast this past July & starting from the first episode, I'm just shy of 100 episodes in.  It's one of a few things that's helped to revive my interest in woodworking & driving me toward making more aesthetically pleasing projects instead of just slapping some pine 1-x-X's from the big box store together with drywall screws.  I also bought my first house about the same time I started listening to the podcast.  It's 100 years old (this year) and while completely liveable, my to-do list is about a mile long.

Anyhow, I'm giving this site a try & hope to learn from all of you while sharing the things I've picked up on over the years.

Cheers!

Lee

welcome aboard.  I think you will like the forum. It has a small dedicated population but it is very active and we are growing everyday. we seem to have everything from carvers to contractors helping each other on the forum. I have yet to have someone not comment on anything I have posted on here.   if you have any question or problems let us know we will try to help.  personally I am glad to have another turner its my passion and I am glad to find one more to add to the ranks.  

Thanks Duck.  We turners do seem to be our own little group, don't we?  It just seems to be one of those skills you have or you don't.  As much as I enjoy woodworking in general, I'm pretty sure my main focus will always be on making my workpiece horizontally spin around at a high rate of speed.  Who knew something so intimidating & dangerous could just be so darn relaxing.