First Guild Project Adirondack Chair or Wall Hanging Cabinet

Hi Guys, I'm looking for an opinion as to which to do first of the Adirondack Chair or the Wall Hanging Cabinet.  I have wood for both and was wondering which sequence would provide a better skills progression.  I have watched most of the videos for the chair but have yet to have a chance to watch the cabinet videos.  Thoughts?

Hi Guys, I'm looking for an opinion as to which to do first of the Adirondack Chair or the Wall Hanging Cabinet.  I have wood for both and was wondering which sequence would provide a better skills progression.  I have watched most of the videos for the chair but have yet to have a chance to watch the cabinet videos.  Thoughts?

Suggest watching both videos before making that decision.  Kind of depends on where your strengths and weaknesses are.

If it were me, I'd ask my wife what I'm supposed to do.

I have a problem I cant quite remember what a whip sounds like.  anyone help me?

:) could it be converted into a spice rack or cabinet that she can store her stuff in?  will she use a chair on the porch?  maybe you can use this as a gift.

They're both skill builders, just different skill sets.  The chair will be a far more tedious and time-consuming build if you follow the plans, with all the embellishments...cloudlifts, leg indent details, ebony plugs, etc.

If you're a beginner I'd recommend starting with the cabinet.  You'll learn essentials of casework and perfectly fitting doors and shelves and drawers.  And you'll be able to complete the cabinet faster which gives you a confidence boost.

Either one will be a productive learning experience due to the quality of the video content, but in general, chairs are more advanced.

• Like 1

Guys, thanks for the comments.  My lumber is supposed to arrive Saturday and I've downloaded the videos.  As the lumber was coming across the country I'd like it to sit for a bit, which should give me time to finish cleaning up the garage/shop, finishing the non-handtool bench and taking care of a couple of my wife's minor projects.  Thanks for the input.