delta 34-555 sliding table bushing part... help!

Spencer_J

I am looking for a very specific part and am willing to pay up to $30 plus shipping for this particular part. I've been looking for over 9 months for this part. 

it is a eccentric bushing that fits into the sliding table to allow the fence to be adjusted for square. I've had one on order for a long time and as i start to go through other companies that have it listed on their site, they are saying it's discontinued. the part goes for about 8 dollars. the metal shop down the road wants $150 to make a custom one... :/ 

the challenge comes with the eccentric upper part. 

i wouldn't choose to purchase this sliding table by its self but it came with my unisaw, instead of the left extension wing. so i'm using it! if you know anyone that has this please forward them this post. I could really really really use it! the part will allow me to mount the crosscut fence on the back side of the table to allow for 36" cross cutting capabilities.

I will upload a photo shortly. 

it is delta part no. 1346790

- spencer

Spencer, if you can post a close up of the hole with a ruler, the part can be scaled and one of us can better present this to our own contacts. My metal friend would want the ability to properly scale the part and cannot do that from the photo at the link you posted.

So that bolt has a plastic washer in it which slides onto the extrusion fence. The bolt then slips down through the missing bushing and is tightened by a plastic threaded knob. The bushing in the image fits the bolt perfectly ( a hair of play). That is for the other piece that slides onto the extrusion fence. The key difference is obviously the eccentricity. Which allows for moving the fence back and forth a tad for square while it pivots on the bushing pictured.

I can give much more clear descriptions if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for even thinking to have your friend take a look.

I might actually get some efficient use out of this sliding table for once!!!

Spencer, 

Curious how your table is working.  The used table saw I bought has one, and while it is nice to have, I must say that it is really a pain in the #$%.  It seems like the fence is always getting out of square with the blade.  I still don't think mine is completely tuned correctly.  

• 2 weeks later...

Josh,

I'm glad you asked. I have spent tens (feels more like 10,000) of hours tinkering with the 34-555.

It is a huge pain. However, i've got mine set good enough where i can slap the fence on and in 30 seconds be as accurate as i want. Many times i thought of junking it because it never seemed to hold its settings. The guy i bought the saw from encourged me to be patient and work on it.

It all starts with the foundation. You have to make sure that the top rail and bottom rail are perfectly parallell along with the top square tube thats attached to your saws cast iron top. Once you get those set and tight, the rest is easily adjustable. The whole sliding table is adjusted by roller bearings that are set on cams. Those cams have been difficult for me to get tight and stay where i want them. Thats usually where the most of my frustrations and short commigs have been.

I will post several links to some resources i've found that helped me better understand how to eliminate the seemingly infinite variables on this thing. Once i am done with work today

• 2 weeks later...

So ever since i downloaded mavericks on my mac, it wont work and i'm stuck on the iphone. This guys amazing web page is dedicated to a modification on the sliding table. I took a few pieces from this but plan to create the whole thing in due time. It basically just helped me understand how the thing works better.

http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Unisaw/UnisawSlidingTable/unisaw_slidingtable.html

A simple and quick fix is the flip stop. Talk about variables. I made a nylon washer and tapped a hole to jam the screw in place. Just that alone helped get better cutting results!

I have some other links i can't find at the moment but do you have a pdf of the user manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I'm fairly late to this thread, but are you still looking for the manual?

http://www.mikestools.com/download/DeltaTableSawManuals/34-555.pdf

Still interested in e other links you said you had, if you still have them. I bought a Delta table saw a few years ago, just finally got my shop in working order and used it for the first time. It has this sliding table. I'd like to replace the tabletop as it's beat up and broken a bit but they don't make it any more. Your one link shows that guy has replaced his - any more info like that would be appreciated.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e