32mm shelf pin jig

chopnhack

Yes I know you can buy them at every woodworking store, yada yada..

I made one from scraps that cost me nothing, cleaned my garage of some spare plywood that would probably never get used and gave me a functioning jig in a custom size. All without spending anytime tooling around town or wasting gas.

There, call me cheap ;):P

This particular jig is perfectly sized to drill the side walls of the cabinets for shelf pins in one set up per row. It is self aligning at the side of the cabinet. Line up the top edge, two quick clamps, drill, rinse and repeat. It is two 3/4" pieces of ply laminated together with some glue, clamped and left to dry, trimmed on t.s. Third piece of ply is attached with screws to the double ply assembly to make a t - shape. This acts as the fence to hold it against the edge of the box when drilling.

2013-10-26_zps1010b967.jpg

• Like 1

I'm gonna copy that - Thanks!

This was the inspiration video, they do a better job of showing all the angles of the project better than my static photo... I have to learn this video blogging thing one day ;-)

I didn't bother with the dowel thing, I had a short 1/4" downcut spiral bit from the router that chucked up in my drill. I set it so that there was just a little space before hitting the drill to the jig for a deep enough cut.