Reindeer

Llama

Yeah. I'm still not sure how to sand between the narrow spaces. I have a dremel like tool, but it's only got grinding tools which don't seem to be particularly effective against even the pine.

The second from the left I'd forgotten to cut between the antlers and didn't realize until it was too late to go back. Never made that mistake again!

Dunno what finish I'm going to use on them. If any.

I just did a quick search in Canadian Tire and apparently they do sanding drums, but the drums are too big. I might end up having to make my own. Which will be interesting. I have no idea how - probably a nail that fits the collet of my dremel-a-like dipped in superglue then dipped in some sand.

• Like 1

I just double checked, the shafts are indeed an 1/8th.  FWIW the 2 sanding drums that come in a lot of the basic sets measured .333" & .605".  Those were two somewhat used ones but they were the ones sitting on top.  They also come in a couple different grits.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Freddie!

I sold quite a few reindeer this year. :) I decided to do a special run of these maple burl reindeer as a sort of limited run, as a celebration. I plan on making between 5 and 8 of these. I have already sold two in a pre-order I am running. This "bum ear reindeer" is a super hit!

These are quickly becoming a favorite of mine! I can't wait to get the epoxy on these, and put a nice finish on them!