BenchCrafted Shaker Style Workbench

Llama

Mel is a complex man. A man that skillfully hand crafts a bench with the finestest material and hardware then fits butt jointed and screwed drawers with the most expensive drawer slides money can buy. A man that looks angry in all his photos, but would sooner hand you a wooden reindeer than put a butt whooping on you. A man who is endearingly referred to as Llama by his lovely bride and unabashedly takes on this name as a forum handle. This man refuses to conform to society norms and eschews your mild ribbing. Yes, Mel is a complex man.

Damn Mel, that would be worthy of an obit, 100 years from now!

• Like 1

i have that same low angle block - most used plane in my fleet. LOVE IT! Did a restore of it from an Ebay purchase. I've also got the same era regualr Sweetheart block - it's nice too.

I'm surprised how much I like it. I picked it up because it looked cool, and was in great shape. Price was right as well, and I needed a bigger block than my baby ln bronze one.

When I first started I thought sheet goods were a mortal sin, too.  But if you watch enough WoodWorks episodes, you quickly realize how stupid that position is.  Sheet goods and veneers open up a whole new universe of design possibilities.

Glad to see you breathing new life into that bench.  An unfinished bench is a soul in purgatory.

• Like 1