clamping fixture

CJC5151

Hey guys...for the past few years I get a booth at a local art show and sell end grain cutting board's. I sell out every year so it's been great. The question is they are a pita to clamp up and take forever when u are building them in bulk...any ideas on a clamping fixture to help speed up the process. Thanks

What would happen if you tried making them en masse?  Glue all the sticks together into planks, surface the planks and laminate them all together into a massive beam, then crosscut individual cutting boards off from there.  It'd take a big saw to crosscut through something that big, but it would simplify the clamping.

I've been working on a project involving pneumatics and noticed compact air cylinders. It seems you could build a box big enough for the breadboards and air cylinders along two walls. I have no idea of size or quantity, but 2" (~383psi clamping pressure @ 100psi air pressure) might be a good start. Obviously smaller (bore and stroke) is cheaper, but you shouldn't need much travel - though the 5mm of the pictured one seems on the small side. eBay has tons of them and they can be had pretty cheap.

post-13970-0-34082300-1388434987_thumb.jpost-13970-0-09290800-1388435090_thumb.j