New Help Identifying an old Lathe

Zack Snowy

I have an old Delta - about a 42". Early 70s model. Was the Father-in-law's - had a shop fire in '98. I rebuilt the lathe - I had to mother-in-law watching.  Wayyyyy too much money in it. Sentimental value.  If you don't have any sentimental value, buy...a...new...one and start turning this weekend.

The jointer looks like a 4" version of a walker turner.  I have the 6" model from around 1954.

I'm not so sure it is a craftsman or dunlap.  It is close but doesn't quite match.  The tailstock is missing the additional ribbing on the inside as compared to those pictures of the open tailstocks.  And the bed doesn't quite match either.  The feet are not similar and the gap between the ways seems very tight in your picture compared to the craftsman/dunlap pics.  It appears as if all the craftsman/dunlop beds are also cast where as your pic doesn't look cast.

Maybe you could post the pic to www.vintagemachinery.org   The people in that forum are very helpful identifying old equipment.