Reloading bench

..Kev

I need a reloading bench for my Dillon 650xl . If anyone  have a reloading bench for Dillon 650xl then please share with me. :)

I owned that progressive press - most important thing you need are:.......1. Ergonomics - really get a feel for where it will be in relation to your chair and body mechanics. Pulling that lever 800 times an hour takes its toll. No prefabbed benchtop plan will tell you that...........2. the way that press mounts to the table I believe is designed to bolt on the edge. You may want to consider making a jig to move it more towards the middle of the work surface....the machine puts a ton of force on a benchtop edge.

Kev that looks like a cool little stout bench. Personally, my reloading bench would eat 3 of those. I try to keep all of my stuff together so my wood working gear is all in one are, my archery tuning bench, press, draw board are on another bench and I have an 8foot bench just for reloading. I run 3 different presses so maybe that's why it is so long but with all the brass prep tools, measurement tools, and the actual presses, I'm starved for space.

Kev that looks like a cool little stout bench. Personally, my reloading bench would eat 3 of those. I try to keep all of my stuff together so my wood working gear is all in one are, my archery tuning bench, press, draw board are on another bench and I have an 8foot bench just for reloading. I run 3 different presses so maybe that's why it is so long but with all the brass prep tools, measurement tools, and the actual presses, I'm starved for space.

My bench is much larger that this one as well.  The client had a very specific size that this one had to fit.

I need a reloading bench for my Dillon 650xl . If anyone  have a reloading bench for Dillon 650xl then please share with me. :)

I have a 650 and used to have both the 650 and 1050, they're the best. There aren't too many specific details about a bench for them other than the already mentioned height consideration. They mount close to the edge so the arm can swing down fully so the bench needn't even be very deep. 

One specific on a Dillon 650 is that it seats primers on the up stroke and it really benefits from having the bench anchored to the wall or being heavy enough to overcome any upward force you might use to seat a tight primer. The 1050 seats primers on the down stroke after swaging and you don't even feel the primer seating. I always had mine anchored to the wall. If you seat one and lift the bench a little as you do it, it might not fully seat and lead to a high primer. If you look into the BrianEnos.com forum there are many hundreds of bench pictures with 650s. 

Steve

Edited by SteveL