The "H7" Custom Electric Guitar

Allan Hef Forsyth

Uhh, ok. Any suggestions?
They're all hosted on my own server, I just couldn't see any easy way of linking there from here without spending a thousand hours in photoshop fannying around making thumbnails. Would be pretty crap just having a bunch of random URLs in the thread but if that's the consensus I'll do that in future...?

I resize all my photos to 750x1000 pixels. I use preview on my mac, takes a few seconds. 

This is a very interesting thread and I enjoy seeing the progress, but I dread opening the page because it takes way too long to load all the images, and the scroll jumps up and down trying to keep up with the page loading. :)

#3 looks best IMO. The mirrored figure on the lower and upper bouts will still be there when the electronics are fitted. The main inevitable issue with figure is you end up cutting right through it when routing the pickup cavities and neck pocket so don't stress too much about it.

If you are hosting the photos on your own server (at home) you will be restricted by the adsl upload limit your provider gives. Normally upload is less than 1Mbit/second. This is why we are seeing very slow page loads. Best to put the photos (still full size) onto a commercially hosted photo site like Flickr or Photobucket. Then we are only limited by our download speeds.

• Like 1

I found these three pictures. It's been so long that I forgot how i did it. It appears that I made my neck template the same thickness as the fattest part of the volute. From there we shaped the neck down to where it felt comfortable, and comparing it to the original with calipers and a contour gauge.

post-3732-0-58232900-1393983759_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-77837400-1393983763_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-15301200-1393983768_thumb.jp

• 10 months later...