Feedback on New Table Saw

JoshC1501

Still have not decided.  Leaning a bit towards the the 1023 as of right now.

Need to decide this week so I can order. 

Yes a great price, but you read the shipping a little wrong, shipping $99, the mobile base is $59.95

Thats the price on the website.  I think the rip capacity on that saw is to small for me.  

I will post some pictures when I get it. It can be a surprise!

...  I think the rip capacity on that saw is to small for me. ... 

You can very easily slide the rails to the right for an additional 10" rip capacity, making the total ~ 36"....buy the one you like best, but I wouldn't let rip capacity be a determining factor unless 36" is too small.  http://lumberjocks.com/knotscott/blog/34563

I would probably see about upgrading the fence on the 1023RL. I know that TIODS just bought a 0715P and was able to upgrade his fence. He went with the Biesemeyer fence but I am not sure if he had to pay full price or just the difference between the two fences. It's at least worth looking into. 

I would probably see about upgrading the fence on the 1023RL. I know that TIODS just bought a 0715P and was able to upgrade his fence. He went with the Biesemeyer fence but I am not sure if he had to pay full price or just the difference between the two fences. It's at least worth looking into. 

I paid full price but was quickly able to sell the original fence for 150 so, that certainly helped..

On Friday there was a used 1023 for $600 here locally on craigslist. Almost bought it myself if I handn't just bought a used powermatic 64a. My 220V won't be installed for another weeks/month anyhow. I realize this ads no value to this thread whatsoever, I just like reading about all this extra HP! now I want more too. =(

I've owned a Shop Fox Classic fence (standard on the G1023) and a Biesemeyer Commercial fence.  The Biese is a little nicer IMO, but not by a lot, and they're really pretty similar...functionally the same design....both very rugged, accurate, and easy to use  As always, it's a matter of preference.