Geez, another one from NJ

Knuckle47

When I discovered The Wood Whisperer I was so impressed at Mark's easy going and informative videos.

When I found that there was a forum, I thought that I'd found a gold mine source of information and I am so very glad to be here.

My wood interests lie in building acoustic guitars and mandolins. It all started by accident about 12 years ago and has escalated into an addiction. I have as much fun building jigs and tools as the instruments themselves. I also enjoy inlay and will take on any tasks despite my complete lack of knowledge.

My greatest thrill was when my daughter asked if I could make her table numbers for her wedding. SURE! I had no clue but when hurricane Sandy knocked down a bunch of large oaks on our property....presto, wood source. Regardless they came out perfectly. And I have enough fire wood for many winters to come and the BBQ pit smoker I am just finishing, once this crazy weather changes.

Looking forward to asking a ton of questions and sharing anything I might have offer. I live literally on the Monmouth/Ocean county border area and have been stuck for 34 years. Yes, things have really changed here.

post-15199-0-22711400-1392172965_thumb.j

• 1 month later...