Wood Gloat

Pwalter5110

I have seen some of the lumber yards some of you guys get to go to. I am always jealous too! But I got ahold of this single piece of cherry that was 13 in wide and 16 ft long.

As jealous as I am of the lumber yards you all go to, I get cherry, walnut, poplar, and maple CHEAP. My mom does accounting for a wholesale lumberyard and I get it at cost. The only problem is, I don't get to see or pick pieces. I can just give my mom measurements and she orders it. 

This piece costs me a whooping ZERO dollars. It was a Bday gift from my mom. One that I will gladly accept  :D

I am using it for a TV stand that I am making. I put down some mineral spirits to make sure my glue line will be disguised. 

CherryTop_zps8071d202.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cherry, walnut and maple?? Other than pine 2/4's, that's the only wood there is. Dude you've got it made! If it wasn't so cold up there and so far away, I'd ask your mom to adopt me. Good woodworking w/ these new boards!!

I agree. But every once and a while it is nice to see the boards before your paying for them. Sometimes I hit the jackpot, other times, not so much.