Stackable boxes!

Llama

I know the boxes are shallow and you want to maintain as much interior as possible, but the boxes are also a little wide and i think it would be a little too much span for 1/4 ply as well. I always use at least 1/2 and you can rabbet the bottom so you only have to make a small groove in the box sides.

I think we're overthinking these little boxes with weight. The lip under the dado will give out before that plywood deforms enough to make its way out. Although, since were on the idea of solid wood, the method that doucette and wolfe uses with beveled solid wood would look sweet ;)

Well sam, if ur referring to the doucette and wolfe method then you are no longer referring to 1/4" now are you? :)

Hey now, I was just trying to put a stick in the mix ;)

If this were a chest of drawers I would certainly approach this differently. These are simple little boxes that I am over complicating (as usual) and do nothing more than hold an envelope with a key.

And we are here to further the over complication.

• Like 1

Really curious about the "opportunity." Maybe we all could learn something. ;)

Ok, I'll share. The only thing you'll learn is that I am a human, and I make mistakes. Ok, I've made one mistake. And this is it ;)

The photo shows four stacks of box sides, one stack is curiously taller than the rest! I knew what happened immediately. But let's make it a fun game, who can guess what I did wrong?

No guessing if you already know. :)

Posted Image