Carving out some time (ha ha)...

Eric.

Not insecure, it's just incomplete.  I don't feel like there's much to take pics of that people haven't already seen.  Table saw here, miter station there, more tools, a workbench, some PVC...

I have a house to sell that should be on the market in a month or two when the work is (finally) done.  Good lord, that nightmare.  Anyway, when it sells I'll be shoveling a bunch of cash into the shop in order to "complete" it.  Obviously the tool buying never really ends, but there are a few more big items that I need, and some shop upgrades...A/C, insulation in the ceiling, more lights, etc.  Also have a list of miscellaneous hand tools to buy, non-necessity type stuff...once I have those I can finally build my tool cabinet.  At that point, I'll do a shop tour and deliver it to you directly. :)

Yep, two screws at each joint.  I considered using just dowels in order to follow my own rule of no metal fasteners, but it seemed to make the most sense to use screws in this case since the M&T is open and basically unsupported laterally otherwise.  And I'll just tell everyone else I used dowels anyway. :D

I don't see the need to add any more reinforcement into the seat unless you plan to have an elephant stand on it.

Yep, two screws at each joint.  I considered using just dowels in order to follow my own rule of no metal fasteners, but it seemed to make the most sense to use screws in this case since the M&T is open and basically unsupported laterally otherwise.  And I'll just tell everyone else I used dowels anyway. :D

I don't see the need to add any more reinforcement into the seat unless you plan to have an elephant stand on it.

My concern is actually kids that can't just sit. They seem to always be moving. The racking may loosen the screws and make the legs sloppy. I think these would be great for extra seating for my grand kids and look good enough that they dont have to be hidden in a closet.

Just looking at the sketchup may lead you to think that, but once it's built there's little doubt about its integrity.  Most of the glue surface involves some end grain, so I used epoxy for the glue-up, as did Marc in the Guild videos.  The joint is substantial...there's a lot of meat there, even with the open M&T.  I think the 3* splay will help prevent any inclination of lateral movement at the joint that it may have otherwise had, giving it a stable, "squat" form.  With the addition of 3" screws, I have very little concern about racking over the duration of its life unless it's abused...which is true for any build.

May I suggest you try beating your grandkids with a rubber hose if they don't want to sit like normal people? :)

A more realistic suggestion may be, if these are specifically for the kids, to make them a bit shorter, and shrink the seat accordingly with the legs.  This will give it an even beefier stance.  The dimensions are definitely for adults...it's a bit tall for kids to sit in I think, without their legs dangling off the ground.

My concern is actually kids that can't just sit. They seem to always be moving. The racking may loosen the screws and make the legs sloppy. I think these would be great for extra seating for my grand kids and look good enough that they dont have to be hidden in a closet.

Eric - looks amazing, nice job.

In terms of strength, a stretcher somehwere might help and I think could be a tastefully incorporated as a nice design element as well.   My kids are freaking animals so I would need to do something like that.   You see a stool.  They see a bomb shelter, a helmet, a shield, and a trapoline all wrapped up into one pretty wooden package.   

A stretcher is certainly possible, but it's Marc's design and I don't like tampering with genius. :D   I do personally think the joinery is adequate for "normal" use.  Any piece can be over-engineered and overbuilt to withstand worst case scenarios...but more often than not at the cost of aesthetics.  I think a stretcher would take away from this particular piece visually.  Maybe not.  But it looks good to me as it is so that's that.

Like I told Don...if I catch my kids using this thing as a bomb shelter, helmet, shield or trampoline, I will simply beat them with a rubber hose.  Kidding aside, I tend to keep certain pieces out of their path of destruction, and for the most part, they understand the rules and respect them...aside from putting sticky crap on EVERYTHING...which is annoying, but not the end of the world. :)

If I was forced to add extra reinforcement to the piece, I think I would add some fancy asian style metal corner brackets under the seat. Nothing too in your face, but elegant. I think small black sculpted metal corner brackets on your particular piece would look great. Just my opinion, though.

I dont know how anyone can be adding personal critiques on this thread, eric nailed it! I find nothing to notpick on design or excecution, bravo sir!

Yeah!  If y'all got a problem with the design I suggest you dial 1-800-whisper-this and speak to the proper authority on the matter. :D

Thanks for the kind words, boys.  Most of you anyway. LOL