FS in OH: Table saw and router table. You need them both!

williaty

In an astonishing turn of events, you are reading a man admitting that he has too many tools. Some of them have to go. Everything is in good shape with no known problems and is tuned up as well as I can make them run. Local pickup only (near Reynoldsburg, Ohio), cash only.

First item is a Craftsman “Model 100” 10” table saw, model number 113.29992. Now, here’s the tricky part: Craftsman sold a “Model 100” saw up until just a few years ago with a series of very similar part numbers. However, this is not any of those inferior, fly-weight, pop-can-like saws. This is the real McCoy. This is the table saw that was built to crush the Commies and won us the cold war. From looking at the original rip fence (which I no longer have) and some other details, combined with my Grandmother’s recollections of when they started their house, we think my Grandfather bought this saw new from Sears in 1954. That right there tells you everything you need to know. This thing was born in the fires of a hard-working American foundry and has more cast iron in it than an entire decade’s worth of imports from China. You simply can’t buy a benchtop/contractor’s saw made of this much solid iron today for this price. When running, this thing just sort of sits there and hums. It doesn’t vibrate, dance around, and carry on like a saw bought today. Even better, there’s not a single damned warning label on the whole thing. This was a saw built for real men by real men with no government oversight. Saw comes with the original saw body, original leg set/stand, and original motor. The rip fence is a brand new Vega PRO40 fence (10” rip to left, 40” rip to right, includes accessories to mount a table between the fence rails), itself worth over $300. The miter gauge is a modern one from a SawStop PCS. I’ve upgraded the motor drive belt to a v-link style belt to reduce vibration even further. Comes with 2 solid-surface-materal Zero Clearance Inserts plus the original metal throat plate. I replaced the original light switch with a modern magnetic latching relay push-on-push-off switch so you can shut it down with your knee while you hold onto the parts you just cut. The mobile base shown in the pictures is not included with the saw. Asking $400 for everything and I’m not willing to part it out.

12755455044_9321932947_b.jpg

12755121033_e8046557b0_b.jpg

12754948465_7c2d13fb50_b.jpg

Second item is a deluxe benchtop/portable router table setup from Veritas (sold by Lee Valley). What’s really cool about this router table setup is that it has a quick-release mounting for the router. This means that you can quickly and easily take the router to the work to use it hand-held and then turn right around, lock it into the table, and use the same router in the table in about 15 seconds of setup time. The first time you set this up for your router, it’ll take about 5 minutes and the centering jig for initial setup is included. This is the full meal deal setup with the benchtop frame, the hand-coined cast iron router table top, the Veritas fence, and the Veritas right angle sled for the fence. Together, that makes up Lee Valley part number 05J20.23, which currently retails for $550. In addition to the deluxe kit, I’m also including a stack of extra table top inserts that you can custom-fit to make a zero clearance insert for your own router bits, the Veritas Fence Stop, the Veritas Jointing Shims, four Veritas Position Stops, the Veritas magnetic dust chute, and the accessory tools to adjust everything in the system. Asking $350 for the complete setup.

12755174243_4df386a0a3_b.jpg

12755077305_20826005d8_b.jpg

12755241893_1f11e1b9c6_b.jpg

12755272043_8d9dd61d91_b.jpg