Table saw

Dnorris1369

I am in process of setting my shop up now so I will have 220 out there. We'll I'm a newbie to woodworking so my needs and wants are still kinda up in the air I guess. I'm looking to start a few projects I have in mind are dining table and trunk and chests. The job site has been working but I don't feel like it has good power and not the safest I have ever felt with larger pieces of wood.

I am in process of setting my shop up now so I will have 220 out there. We'll I'm a newbie to woodworking so my needs and wants are still kinda up in the air I guess. I'm looking to start a few projects I have in mind are dining table and trunk and chests. The job site has been working but I don't feel like it has good power and not the safest I have ever felt with larger pieces of wood.

I can only tell you that I like my G0715P from Grizzly. Definitely under $1,000 - and for your needs it should fit nicely.

If you do not have experience with Grizzly, know that they are not the top of line tool dealer by a long shot. But they are really nice for the money that you pay. You are getting the best bang for your buck, especially for someone like you and me.

My saw went together with almost no issues at all. I had to level the fence faces out because some of the screws were too tight. The blade was dead on to the miter slots, and still remains that way. The extension wings have a dip in the middle that a single piece of computer paper BARELY grips on if I slide it across it. Being that far away from the blade, I see no reason to dive into fixing it just now.

The power is there for me, as I mainly cut 3/4" material. I do tend to bog down a bit when I get up into 1.5" or more. Mainly because I always forget to adjust my feed rate appropriately. I don't jam the wood into the blade, but you really have to pay attention to the sound of the saw and slow down as needed.

I don't have dust collection on the saw, so I can not comment on that.

==>Can anyone recommend a table saw under a grand?

Tough price point. Depends on your needs. One place to look is the used market. Craigslist is always a place to start, but a better source may be your local hardwood emporium. Around here, guys just post on the shop's bulletin board -- both the buy and sell-side of the transaction... Same for cabinet shops -- around here, a lot of the small shops are going SS, so their existing PM66s are going cheap...

The Grizzly G0715P, Steel City 35950, and the Craftsman 22116 on sale (made by Steel City) would all be on my shortlist for new saws.  The jump to a Grizzly G1023RL is pretty significant under the hood, and isn't a ton more money though....if you've 220v, or can reasonably get it, I'd give that some serious thought.  

A good used saw is always an option if the right deal comes along.  Where are you located? 

+1 on the Grizzly G0715P.  The only complaint I have had with mine is the fence was difficult to keep calibrated.  It wasn't a huge problem, but I got tired of it and just upgraded the fence to the Vega Pro 40 (I'm actually finishing the installation tonight.)  If I had to do it all over again, at that price point, I would still go with the Grizzly G0715P.

I would look hard at the Ridgid hybrid before paying significantly more for the Grizzly.  At least with the Ridgid you can take it back to the store if you aren't happy, as easily as moving a couple hundred pounds of saw around can be.  Otherwise save a little longer and step up to a Grizzly cabinet saw.  Your $1000 budget is in between a contractor/hybrid saw and a cabinet saw so pick a side.  You'll almost never regret paying a little more for a better tool, especially one that is the heart of your shop.  That's all assuming you can't find a good used saw.

• Like 1

I just bought a Delta 36-725 and love it. A great saw for the money, and Lowes has it now reduced to $569. I got the Delta to replace my Ridgid that had the blade shift issue. The R4512 is a great saw......, if you get a good one. The Delta blade is true to the miter slot within .002" right out of the box, with no shift when raising or lowering the blade. It doesn't match the power of the 3hp cabinet saws, but it gets the job done at a good price. It's all around quality is real good, and has a tried and true design for the fence. I would recommend the Delta 36-725 to those looking for a saw in this price range. 

• Like 1

I don't believe there are any dado inserts available for the Delta 36-725 yet. It's not a problem for me, because I make my own. I'll take a day and make a batch of them. I do have a minor problem, that many will laugh at.  :)  The wheels on the Delta go in the wrong direction for me. I can't slide it into the cabinet that I have for it.  :angry: LOL

I think is am gonna go with the grizzly guys. It looks like an awesome saw and in my price range although that ridgid has a lot of good reviews from Home Depot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't go wrong with the Grizzly. They have many models that I would like to own, and would have bought, but I don't have 220V to my work area. From what I read on the forums, they stand behind their product. Good luck, and enjoy your saw when you get it.