Table saw

Dnorris1369

I went with go715p I hope I made a good choice maybe it's like buying a car. You either get one made on Monday or one made on Friday afternoon at quitting time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds bad, but when I bought my Griz stuff I had the thought of, "Plan for the worst, hope for the best."

I got lucky and my table saw was dead on right out of the box. My jointer has a SLIGHT twist in the fence, on the infeed side. But, that really doesn't matter at all. As long as the outfeed side is good and straight, that is what determines the accuracy of the cut.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished wiring my shop and fired up the saw last night. Wow oh wow what a dream thanks so much for all the input guys. My only problem is the grizzly plate on front is so nice looking I keep worrying about getting sawdust on it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll get over that feeling quick enough ;) Just wait until the top scratches on you, it's a nightmare at first glance, but you learn to get over that as well. The saw have, and same with Freddie, the tops seems to just be a little soft and scratch relatively easy. Not sure about other Grizzly owners.

• 11 months later...

The Delta 36-725 now has a zero clearance insert, sort of, and a dado throat plate. I ordered both through Amazon, but you can also order them through Lowes. The zero clearance insert is only half zero clearance, kind of weird. It worked ok until I tried to rabbet thin pieces across the insert vertically. I ended up going to the router table, which was safer.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Equipment-Corporation-36-501-Clearance/dp/B00PQH8VIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428802894&sr=8-1&keywords=36-725+insert

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Equipment-Corporation-36-502-Throat/dp/B00PQH8VJY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428802894&sr=8-2&keywords=36-725+insert

The Delta 36-725 now has a zero clearance insert, sort of, and a dado throat plate. I ordered both through Amazon, but you can also order them through Lowes. The zero clearance insert is only half zero clearance, kind of weird. It worked ok until I tried to rabbet thin pieces across the insert vertically. I ended up going to the router table, which was safer.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Equipment-Corporation-36-501-Clearance/dp/B00PQH8VIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428802894&sr=8-1&keywords=36-725+insert

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Equipment-Corporation-36-502-Throat/dp/B00PQH8VJY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428802894&sr=8-2&keywords=36-725+insert

are these inserts super thin? I have the porter cable TS270 and the inserts are really funky, the table frame casting makes it a real pain to make inserts unless you just use 1/4" plywood which I really don't like.

They are the stock metal inserts direct from delta. Ordered mine thru Home Depot. Part #36-501 & 36-502. The TS is excellent, I put the incra LS-TS on mine.

What I was curious of is the thickness of the plate since most contractors saws have thin top plates where cabinet saws usually have 1/2" thick throat plates. The thin ones are a pain to make your own zero clearence inserts for because of the flex of the thin plywood.