Criss-cross leg vise pictures

AlexPeel

So I finally moved my bench to its final resting spot, after a half a year of it being done, after starting on it 2 years ago.  I was re-admiring how awesome it is to have and I realized that some of you may be interested in seeing how the criss-cross turned out.  There are a couple other criss-cross threads where we discussed the modifications that need to be made from the original plans if you are interested.

• 3 months later...

I'm just about to place my order from BC; after reviewing I have a couple of questions that you might have some thoughts on:

1.  I notice you are using the Solo.  I've been wondering, based on your install, do you think that over time the pin on the solo is going to rack and elongate the hole in the leg?  The retro has that square piece instead of a pin and I wonder if that will end up being stable longer?

2.  I love the glide wheel for the wagon, but I've been thinking about getting a "classic" for the front vice, mostly because it looks, well, classic.  Is the wheel on the front just too awesome to resist?  I mean, how much do you actually need to turn it to change from 1" to 3/4 or even 1 1/2 to 1/2?