Six Board Chest

G S Haydon

Here is my first attempt at a project vid. It's still poor. My biggest problem is combining chat and work. They are always seperate which makes things drag on longer than they should.

Nah, it feels easy-going and easy to watch...and if you're filming with beginners in mind, going too fast can get confusing for them.  Good stuff, Graham...following.

FYI, you forgot to link to the milling video you referenced around the six minute mark. :)

• Like 2

Got to agree with Eric. You've got a nice relaxed style that is easy to watch. The separate chat and action means I can concentrate on each without worrying about missing something.

Watching you in action brought back memories of 1972. My old woodwork teacher always said that you should use your whole body when working with wood. I think he would have been very happy watching you.

Keep them comming :)

• Like 1

Excellent!! Your style is awesome!!

What's next? A seven board chest? ;)

How about the eleven grooved box?

Graham, I thought you'd been arrested in the first shot! Just kidding. Nicely done, you've got a natural style. You could always do the work and then add a voice over. Just needs a microphone and mixer (or pre amplifier). I've recently spent about £50 on the equipment myself, and used audacity and openshot to make mah fust videah, but in Italian (with a heavy English accent). Lot's of fun, but I'm much more wooden with the voice. Geddit??!!?

John

• Like 2

Oh, it will look almost the same. Only one better!

Like this? :ph34r:

I've stared at this damn thing for about 15 minutes...and I'm still at a total loss.  I guess it has to be photoshop trickery because I can't come up with any other logical explanation.

1554.jpg

• Like 1

Nice video...

I’ve watched the 6-board chest by Chris Schwarz, and your video dovetails quite nicely… Please forgive the word selection... It's early here and I haven't had my morning caffeine infusion... :)

The 6-board chest is a really good ‘first project’ for the newbie, but Chris doesn’t provide the ‘intro’ material to get up and running. You’re ‘Part 1’ video fills that gap nicely with stock selection, rough layout, stock break-down, etc.

For the newbie, a talk about wood movement and why the chest is assembled the way it is would be a big help – I suspect most beginners will get that wrong and they’ll have a great chest... for about six months...

Anyway, well done...
  • Like 1

Like this? :ph34r:

I've stared at this damn thing for about 15 minutes...and I'm still at a total loss.  I guess it has to be photoshop trickery because I can't come up with any other logical explanation.

1554.jpg

Here's a hint: it can only be viewed from one very specific angle, otherwise the illusion doesn't work.