New router table!

Llama

As most of you know I have been looking at different router table setups for a while now. For about a month I just knew I'd buy the Incra table with the LS positioner. I decided that I would not get that because I really wanted to concentrate on a solid router table with the features I would use the most. In the end I realized I wouldn't use the joinery capability of the Incra LS. I did however buy an Incra table. It is the "traditional" one. I believe it's combo 4. I came to this conclusion because I wanted the wonder fence, and I just like Incra products. :) Anyway, here it is! I fitted the table with my Freud plunge router with the springs removed. I had this router anyway, so I decided to give it a go. I am very happy with the results! I can see a benefit of a lift when raising the router to change bits, but this will last me for a long time. Assembly was very straight forward. The fence system is fairly complex and will take some getting used to. But that's ok :) Here it is. byzyrahu.jpgnypejuba.jpgesesanub.jpgupe9e3ed.jpg

Looks pretty solid!

What will you do for DC? I see it has a nice port in the fence, so that's good. Will you try to collect from under the table?

I connected the back of my fence with the underside with a T fitting to try to get more dust.

I used the shroud that came with the router, and connected a fitting to get it up to 2.5", so it would jive well with the rest of the hose.

post-6372-0-07282400-1396212982_thumb.jp

post-6372-0-04499300-1396213009_thumb.jp

Dang, I wish I would have known you were getting that and I would have saved you a little money and sent you my base...or maybe it comes with the package and it wouldn't have mattered?  Anyway, they're just sitting in my basement if anyone wants that rickety ass thing.  I think the base they give you is complete junk and totally inconsistent with the quality of the rest of it.  Now you have to build a cabinet.  Don't you love that?  You buy a tool and it means more work!

Aside from those spindly legs, nice table yo!

The port does a nice job of collecting the finer dust. Actually did a great job when I used a straight bit to make a few rabbets.

With the rabbet bit installed, set for 5/16th cut there is more that dropped to the floor :)

Eric, the legs ok this one aren't bad at all. If I push hard enough it will rock a bit, but under normal use it's good (so far). Perhaps because yours is set up the other way, you have less side to side support than I do?

I dunno, it's the same base and mine was wobbly as all get-out.  I dealt with it for about a year before I'd had enough and built the cabinet.  Too tall and skinny was the biggest problem, and the nuts kept coming loose from the bolts, too.  Might wanna slap some lock washers on that bad boy. :)

I have a couple Bench Dog featherboards for it, but honestly I don't use them that much.

• Like 1