It matters not that I don't understand what he's saying.

G S Haydon

I use Chrome. It auto translated the page into English. When they do an automatic video/audio translator like in Star Trek I'd buy the app!

Gesture and memory: Eric Werner and Raggenbass, tool wood .

For over eighty years, a small workshop in the Eaux-Vives has produced thousands of planes and wooden tools ...

The third and final issue of the series "The gesture and memory", dedicated to the crafts that go, portrays Eric Werner and Raggenbass, tool wood for three generations and the last representatives of this profession in Switzerland.

Through evolution, often moving, mutations experienced by their profession, both traditional craftsmen also trace large parts of everyday life in Geneva during this century. Geneva small businesses, the arrival of electricity in workshops, breaks marked by two world wars. Geneva of the Great Depression of the thirties and technological evolution ruthlessly condemns the artisans who have devoted as Werner and Eric Raggenbass all their lives to the "good work".

• Like 1

I say we all pitch in and have Chris Schwartz or Roy Underhill translate for us - hehehe. I've seen both of them quote from Ruobo's original French. This guy is fun to watch but it drives me nuts not to understand him. Tried turning the sound off but that wasn't any better. Amazing talent.