Window Seat

Janello

Yup. This room was renovated from what used to be half of my attached garage and the pipe you see is the laundry discharge going into the sewer main clean out just below the raised floor. Long story short, my in laws moved in and my middle daughter lost her bedroom to them. Since she is taking over half my attached garage, Johnny gets a 2 car wide shop built this spring/summer that will be detached with heat and AC.

Thought I'd add some pics of the room finished. This was half of my attached garage, now my daughters bedroom. Aside from the carpet install, I did all the work myself.

20140411_064058_resized_zpsa7e13234.jpg

20140411_064129_resized_zpsfcf89c6d.jpg

This pic is taken from what used to be the dooway from the house to the garage. New garage entrance is to the right,,,bedroom strait ahead.

20140411_064149_resized_zps0f54c5ed.jpg

20140411_064209_resized_zpsf688cd7e.jpg

Janello,

That half wall bump-out beneath the window is begging for a little millwork.  

A white cap of hardwood dressed with wainscoting underneath.  

Edit: Just noticed that bump-out wall wasn't there at the rough-in stage, and the distance between the end of the window seat and the door is the same even after completion.  Magic!

...strange.     

The bump out wall is because of the block foundation being wider than the exterior wall plus 1X furring . I decided not to put millwork on it because I didn't want anyone to sit back on the window seat and wack their noggin on the overhang. The rest of my walk in basement has that millwork.  :)

It also worked out that I omitted that millwork because as it turns out her headboard is on the wall under the window.