Enjoying the simple stuff...

Eric.

Total length of the handle is 15".  I kept mine long and hacked off the unwanted parts on both ends after it was assembled...it's hard to judge exactly where the head will come to rest on the wedge of the handle.  I didn't use any glue on mine...just pounded that bastard in there...ain't goin' nowhere. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just joining in the mallet making fun...

and since small shop projects are a perfect place to practise decorative techniques, I moosed and monogrammed it for fun.

The handle is a bit skinny, but when you make things out of scrap wood, sometimes it is the size of the scraps that dictate the size of the project.

post-4067-0-81484700-1397670945_thumb.jp

post-4067-0-99867200-1397671021_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Freddie, I will be making new tool holders when my bandsaw gets here. My current ones are hand cut with a fret saw and look like a beaver chewed them out.

So that's where my holders disappeared to!  (I knew those raccoons were real party animals, but I didn't know their guest list was that extensive...)

I cleaned out the shop recently, and discovered my original plan for the hanging shop cabinets won't work so well... but I still have space on the wall for a couple of new hangers.  Plan on doing those, right after replacing the bench top and getting a good cleaning done.  (and using up the "party plywood" to block out the opening in the wall/window, since maintenance won't do it because of the layout I put into the shop.  Just counting down the hours now.)

• Like 1