Rikon bandsaw

Dnorris1369

I was considering it then I decided it wouldn't be enough and it would be replaced in a few years. So I went with a better saw from the start. 

If you don't plan on resawing anything over 5" it might be a decent saw. It would make a good saw that you just left a 1/4" blade in specifically for curves

1 HP motor and aluminum wheels are a bit of a turnoff to me personally....

Totally agree with Eric.  For me the alum wheels and bearings were reason enough to look elsewhere.  I had a Craftsman for years and I just felt like the Rikon was the same thing--in green.  Besides, after I saw the ceramic guides of the Laguna 14-12 I was smitten.

miw!

Vibration and  tracking problems can be traced directly to worn- out tires but there are other variables why band saw is loud/ out of tracking.Here are few ways to troubleshoot when you encounter vibration , check if the band wheels are balanced, if not,  balance the wheels.  If the band wheels are already balanced but vibration is still present, double check the alignment of your pulley,the drive belt  and lower wheel.