What can you get for $85 and 4 hours besides a disease...Wood that what;)

XBIGJIMX

Well I had some time to kill at my local auction house the other day and $100 burning a hole in my pocket, so I did when any red blooded human would do I spent it on wood of course but I think I got a bargain. So 4 truck loads and 7 pallets later and $85 spent here is the haul(s). So far I have found Maple, Curley Maple, Walnut, Mahogany, Cherry, Brazilian Cherry, Poplar, Oak, and Beech. 

Funny part is my 17 year old son needed $10 to go eat and asked for some money and I told him I had some woodI need taken down to the shop wanna trade?. He looks at me like he is the master negotiator and goes $15. I am like sold. He sooooo did not look in the garage first before quoting a price, I think he is planning my death now....

Load #1&2

image_zpsd5616916.jpg

Load 2

image_zps2e1c9f4f.jpg

The masses

image_zps6c22ce42.jpg

image_zps18f82e04.jpg

• Like 1

I did see him getting a gallon of gas out of the shed...

There is a lot of scrap but if I get 2 or 3 good boards out of a pallet I am ahead of the game. 

It was almost worth the $85 to unpack the pallets to see what was there is was like an afternoon of christmas suprises

-->"So 4 truck loads and 7 pallets later and"

When I first read this I thought "oh no, not another pallet wood project.  And is spending $85 on pallet wood really a good idea."  Glad to see you got some good boards in there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...