Bistro Table and Bed update

RichardA

That's just a puppy! What do you have a little yappy dog? Full size dog for me or I will do without.

Off topic, but what kind of dog do you have? I grew up with a yellow lab. When I got married, my wife wanted nothing to do with a big dog. She is afraid of them for some reason. I did some research and found a small dog that had the mentality of a big dog. I got a second one I liked the first so much.

Aw, he's a mutt, a combination of Lab and Pyrenese.....He's about 90 pounds.  The real canines will love the bed this next winter... We keep two wolves, an Arctic male, about 160 pounds and a Grey female, about 100 pounds.  When the weather gets below 25 degrees, they come in and spend the nights with us..... Does anyone have a suggestion on a finish for the rails that would protect the wood from wolf nails?

Aw, he's a mutt, a combination of Lab and Pyrenese.....He's about 90 pounds.  The real canines will love the bed this next winter... We keep two wolves, an Arctic male, about 160 pounds and a Grey female, about 100 pounds.  When the weather gets below 25 degrees, they come in and spend the nights with us..... Does anyone have a suggestion on a finish for the rails that would protect the wood from wolf nails?

First of all nice project! Second Wolves really....You got some big one, and I ain't talking about the wolves. As far as a finish that will protect against wolf nails try diamond plate.

For me and my wife... These wolves are wimps.  Anyone else would be seriously injured!   And, you're probably right, diamond plate, or, armor from an armored car!   Thanks, for the comment on the bed, it was a difficult  build in a 108 sq ft shop.... 

I have a 60 lb boxer that knows she is the queen bee around the house.

post-6363-0-34580600-1397087571_thumb.jp

There is always room on the foot of a King sized bed for a dog or 2. They behave better than most children I know.

The toughest finish I have used is a catalyzed acrylic. But nothing will survive if you don't keep those nails trimmed.

So when it's below 25 that qualifies as a 3 dog night ?

• Like 1