New Guy from New Hampshire

markpelly

Hello everyone,

My background:

I took construction technology for a few years in high school. We built sheds, garages, and other small projects. It learned a lot of great basics in that class that I carry with me today. I did a lot of home improvement on my childhood house, additions and home upgrades. My family has always been hands on and there are a few other wood workers close to me. My day job is no where close to this hobby (database analyst) but it fuels the bank account for tons of fun after work  ;)

I have to say I am pretty new to actually building furniture, I have only built a couple small shelves and this is really the beginning of my furniture hobby. Along side the furniture craft I am really interested in building tools, shop maintenance, and other areas. There really isn't much that I don't like doing. I am sure you will see a healthy dose of mixed topic projects on here from me.

Next steps. I just got a bunch of Ridgid tools the other day (I am sure you all have your opinions on them, but these are what I have for now) table saw, planner, joiner, spindle sander, bandsaw, and a miter saw that I think I will be selling. I got all these tools used and at an awesome price.The guy only used them briefly and they are in good shape. I have a huge stock pile of oak, hemlock, and other woods (I need help identifying) that I have many ideas for projects. Bed, shelving, entertainment center, table, etc.

Hope to talk to you all soon!

-Mark