FS: Grizzly 6" jointer, Dewalt 735 w/Byrd head - Atlanta area

BuilderBill

Just ordered a new Powermatic 15" planer and need to make some room so I'm putting these up for sale:

1) Grizzly 6" jointer, model G1182. Bought used off Craigslist, cleaned up and aligned, new set of Freud knives. Comes with a wood mobile cabinet with dust chute for collection. Also have the original sheet-metal base if you prefer noisy tools. Great jointer for a small shop, it got replaced by a Powermatic 54HH. Price is $250.00, local pickup only, located in my shop near Woodstock and Acworth.

Jointer is sold!

2) Dewalt DW735 13" portable planer, had the Byrd Shelix head installed last year, maybe 40 hours on the planer and less than 10 on the Shelix head. Comes with the DeWalt DW7350 stand and the original cutterhead/knives. Also has the DW7351 infeed-outfeed tables. Price is $700.00, again, local pickup only.

Planer is sold!

If interested, drop me a PM with your phone # and I'll call and set up a time you can come look.

Just thought I'd offer these here before going to Craigslist, let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Edit: Planer has the Wixey digital height gauge as well.
Thanks for looking!

Bill

Congrats of selling both items -- of course, now folks are expecting a review of the planer... :)

Did you get the Byrd head? If you did, one suggestion -- prior to firing it up, take a torque wrench to the inserts -- two of the inserts on my PM/Byrd setup were loose and ended-up blowing away two rows of inserts on the first stick... very exciting...

HHH,

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I never would have thought of checking the cutters, now I need to go check my jointer(although it hasn't shown any tendencies to spit carbide at me, thank God).

Yeah, got the Byrd head, waiting for Redmond to get a delivery truck with a lift gate. One's been in the shop all week and the other's at a show in AL. They're telling me Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Bought from them because they're good folks and said they could put it in the house(for a nominal fee of course). I've busted my ass twice struggling with heavy tools and they were only in the 300# range, this boy is over 500.

Be glad to write a review, hadn't thought about it because I figured there were a lot of them out there. Maybe I should do one for the 54HH jointer? Sweet tool, that one.

Anyway, thanks again for the tip. I'll be sure to check.

Best,

Bill