I didn't really want to clean the shop, but now...

jHop

So, you've heard I had guests in the shop.

Animal control came by, and the family of hats was picked up.  The maintenance guys only wanted to take care of momma raccoon, and leave the babies inside the sheds to die.  (The "shed" is actually a pair of storage units, back to back from the townhomes.  Each shares a common wall with the neighbors, and then one wall is right against the kitchen - in line with the dishwasher, which has already been replaced once since we've been here.)

I have to thank the neighbors - they didn't want to hear that, so they made maintenance remove the louvers against the wall.  That's when I discovered the screen that was supposed to be in place was never installed - so the hole that had the previous air conditioner unit is just a hole with a partial sheet of plywood covering most of it.

So, at least it was sunny and warm, so I could put all the stuff back into the shop that the animal control people removed to get to the family.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to completely clean the shop... and the uninvited guests lived like rockstars.  (Party all night, trash the place, and leave someone else the bill.)  I've got some rust removal projects already, so I'll just add the lathe to the list... after I replace the bench top.  

Anybody know what gets rid of ... animal memorabilia?  (the fur and shredded bags I can handle.  It's the rest of the stuff I want to get rid of.)

Anybody know what gets rid of ... animal memorabilia?  (the fur and shredded bags I can handle.  It's the rest of the stuff I want to get rid of.)

Well said. Haven't heard that kind of tact since I heard someone in a business meeting describe why commercial toilet seats have open fronts.

It is why you think.

In my state it is legal to trap the whole family but illegal to trap momma and leave the babies. I am not sure why exactly?

Also, you want to be vigilant about sealing everything up. Other coons will smell the "memorabilia." They can destroy many home parts trying to get where they can smell a nest.

We used to have a pet raccoon when I was a boy. Watching him fish an ice cube out of my dad's Jack and Coke was hilarious, but the look on Dad's face when he saw the drink was muddy that was priceless. When he grew up and a lady coon was trilling in the yard we opened the cage and wished him luck. A few months later he came back with his family. He was still quite friendly but the mom kept her distance. We spent the evening tossing grapes to them. One of those moments you never forget.

As to the clean up just use the commercially available products to remove pet accident stains and odors. Raccoons are omnivores just like a dog. They will eat almost anything. Live crawfish was a favorite for ours.