Easy way to get rewarded for searching Internet

pghmyn

So a new advertising gimmick by Bing is out there, and I have to say it is working in my favor. I have been a Google searcher all my life, but I'm on Bing now just because of this.

You earn "points" for just using their search engine. These points are in turn used to redeem gift cards or donate money to charities.

You can earn 15 points a day by doing 30 searches, and around 20 extra points a day from just clicking on links they provide. At 525 points, you can get a $5 Amazon gift card. Even though that $5 isn't much, you are still being rewarded for doing what you would have done anyway...use a search engine to search.

If you haven't heard of this, and you want to sign up, I have a referral link that rewards me with points if you sign up and eventually earn 200 points. So, if you are interested, here is my link:

http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?PUBL=REFERAFRIEND&CREA=RAW&rrid=_d5708baa-44bc-b1c2-6266-b8f3f93d67c8

I just noticed their "levels" of using Bing.

Their highest rank is a "Gold status" member, and that is attained after redeeming your first reward, obtaining 750 credits in the lifetime of your account, and doing 150 searches in a month. Considering I do at least 40+ on a slow day, that is easy.

Benefit of that is you get discounts off rewards. So, a $5 gift card to Amazon is 475 points instead of 525.

I signed up for you Sam, I will use it on 1 of my computers.

You're a good man :)

I really just did my 15 searches for things I typically do. Instead of going to www.woodtalkonline.com I just typed "The Wood Whisperer" into bing and followed through to the forum. Along with my other emails, school site, etc.

Hey, I have one of the MotoX phones that were made during the period wjen Google owned Motorla. I thonk they have sold it off now. Anyway, it matters not how many I settings I change to keep my activities private. I still feel like there is a spy in my pocket. All those disclaimers about 'general use' data not being able to identify you is a total load of horse apples.

• 1 month later...