Not a proper showcase, nor journal, so it shall go here I suppose

Freddie

I'm wrapping up a teak fridge/ice maker box thing for a buddies boat. This is a barter job, he came in and tied in electrical in my shop and I restore this thing ( he finished up in a few hours, now I realized I got screwed on this barter!)  :huh:  Anywho, I replaced the rotted ply panels, the corner posts and front top rail are original to the piece. It has 2 coats of sickens cetol marine light, going to get one more tomorrow, and that will be as far as I go on it. It came out "ok" for the overall, but like I said, it's old and new mixed, and it's not a paying job, so I am not going to lose any sleep over any "character" it may have. I took it over to a rental I redid to put the finish on in the bedroom where we are waiting for carpet. No dust, heat cranked, and no smell in my garage leaking into my parents house, WIN! Now I just have to restore his step box, but I'll leave the finishing to him for that one. Man, I really did get screwed! :)

post-3732-0-16116400-1397804792_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-23084000-1397804797_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-35727600-1397804802_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-77748900-1397804808_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Looks great Freddie.

As for getting screwed, I would say that if you got something done that you weren't able to do yourself then, it worked out pretty well for you.

Second this. And maybe there is a good feeling in the project. Or if you learned something while restoring the piece :)

Nice work, by the way. Looks crisp!