Attic find

Dnorris1369

looks like pine or fir veneer to me.  If so, I'd avoid stains because you will get uneven coloring, and with oil based finishes you might get some blotching.  I would spray it with lacquer.  If you don't have an HVLP set up  you can just use an aerosol can of Deft or Minwax lacquer.   Looks like the shape of a baseball field to me, I wonder if he used it to display baseball memorabilia. 

I am pretty sure that is red oak plywood with solid red oak trim and shelves. You should be able to stain and finish easily .

agreed. it is more clear in the second picture.

Good idea. Seems like something that obvious should've popped into my head geez lol thinking too much I guess just wanted it to turn out great since it was my dads cnd gonna pass it to my son. Yes it's a baseball diamond mike. We're a big baseball family and so was my dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good idea. Seems like something that obvious should've popped into my head geez lol thinking too much I guess just wanted it to turn out great since it was my dads cnd gonna pass it to my son. Yes it's a baseball diamond mike. We're a big baseball family and so was my dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all good..  Not knowing what's back there was a guess on my part as well.

• 3 weeks later...