Baby adirondack rocker - screwless joinery

wouldwurker

Clearly I've made a habit of starting a project that I could finish in a weekend ...and somehow turning it into a marathon by hitting the 'difficultly button'.

My wife picked up this little baby adirondack rocker a few years ago. It's made of screws and plywood. After using my flush trim bit for the first time and loving it, I decided to copy the chair piece for piece, but with Spanish Cedar (and gee my shop smells terrific!).

Then I got a domino...so much for one weekend.

The pics attached show a side by side of the original and my screwless model in progress. The second photo reveals the domino joinery.

While admiring my work after snapping all the pieces together (such a great feeling), the screw and bolt goddess punished my floating tenon hubris by heaving my power drill off the wall and onto my work, marring the leg support. She's a fickle mistress indeed.

post-15261-0-25319000-1398224494_thumb.j

post-15261-0-08447100-1398224511_thumb.j

So when you learned to swim you just jumped into the deep end ? Looks very good and ambitious for a new Domino owner. I keep a stack of sanded dominos for test fitting stacked tenons like those, makes it easier to get it back apart in case you have to tap on the joint to get it to close up.

An error I have made is mirror image cutting 2 left parts instead of a left right pair. If it won't show just glue a tenon in and cut it off flush and recut the mortice in the right place.