Fire Screen to stop little cats going up the chimney

TerryMcK

First off - nice work! Good idea using magnets to hold it in place.

Second....any idea why she might have been going up there? I hope there are not any critters that might have been coming down the other way.

Good point John. The chimney has a gas cowl on top to stop animals and birds climbing down so hopefully no chance of that. However both cats are very inquisitive and Anna is always climbing trees and low buildings (like my garage shop) and probably just loves climbing. We call her Killer as she is always bringing critters both, live or dead, in as "presents" for me. The other cat Amber just brings in moths and butterflies.

• 4 weeks later...

I've suddenly remembered we also have another open chimney in one of the bedrooms. The house is an Edwardian house originally with hearths in every room. Most of them have been blocked up upstairs apart from one. I noticed Anna the black cat who sparked all this activity eying up a route up this chimney the other day. Guess I'll have to make another.