Shop Electrical Question

tkpunk

Hoping to order a grizzly g0715p soon, and trying to figure out my electrical situation. I know all of my outlets in the shop are 110. A couple of years ago, we had some electrical work done to run electricity to an outbuilding. At that time, they added a "60 amp feeder line". Being completely ignorant regarding electrical matters, and too lazy to call the electrician to find out, I'm wondering if you guys can tell me if that means I have the capacity for 220, or if that's totally unrelated...

Thanks!

Terrence

Check the breaker that feeds the sub panel. It is probably in the main box. If it is a double breaker, i.e. two handles tied together, then it is a 220v drop and you can pull a 220v line from the sub panel. If it is a single breaker, you have a 110 drop and expanding it to 220v is non-trivial.

Then you can make a phone call to get the electrician to do the work.

Check the breaker that feeds the sub panel. It is probably in the main box. If it is a double breaker, i.e. two handles tied together, then it is a 220v drop and you can pull a 220v line from the sub panel. If it is a single breaker, you have a 110 drop and expanding it to 220v is non-trivial.

Then you can make a phone call to get the electrician to do the work.

Aha! That's what I was hoping for. Thanks Mike.