One good deed creates......Mo Work!

RichardA

I recently built a dining room set, then had a request from my wife to build us a bed!  Did that!  There are consequence's for being a nice guy and doing things right!  After a few days [rather, nights] my wife said that the night stands we were using before I built the bed, just didn't look or feel right for the bed we now share, plus, they were to low and it made the light she uses, to low for reading in bed!   Enter...Mo Work!  So, here it is, the result, just before stain and finish.  There's a piece of 100 year old oak used in every project for the house, can you locate it?

My neighbor needed some cedar planed, so he could rebuild a couple of yard swings, and He paid me for the cedar work with cash and a couple of small cherry boards.  I didn't want to use old poplar for the drawers, so I used the cherry, all box jointed, with 1/4" oak ply for the bottom!  I think I did a fair job, so far!

post-15288-0-55651400-1398469978_thumb.j

post-15288-0-91871900-1398470005_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Beautiful tables Richard.....I love the 100 year old oak concept. 

I'm lucky to have access to a barn that's slowly recycling itself! The owner said take what I can and let Mama Nature have the rest!  I just like to keep a bit of history in each project!  Don't you find it difficult to type with that fish in your vision?

• Like 2